24 March 2012

Lauren's 'Asian' Dressing



I whipped up this salad dressing last week and thought it was too good not to share.  


Mix the vinegars and the oils in whatever proportion you like; the key is that the total vinegar to total oil ratio is 1:3.  I just pour everything out into my tablespoon measure as I go along, so I know the end total will be 1:3.    


In a ceramic bowl, mix:
-good-quality balsamic vinegar
-red wine vinegar 
-1 Tbsp. red miso paste or ginger miso paste 
(the ginger miso I found at a Kings supermarket)


With a fork or whisk, blend miso paste evenly into the vinegars.


Add:
-pepper
-sesame seeds
-black sesame seeds (optional)


Mix again, then into the vinegar+miso mixture add:
-toasted sesame oil (a bit expensive, but SO delicious and worth it!!)
-olive oil


Blend thoroughly with a fork or whisk...et voila!  I love this combo so much that I don't even add anything else to my greens.  It makes for a pretty elegant pre-dinner salad.  


This dressing would probably be good with freshly-grated ginger, too.  


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Arnithe said...

Hey Lauren
I read in your blog that you had studied at Isipca.
I am interested in a course at Isipca and I want to ask you some questions about it.
I really dont know anyone else who has done it and who I could get some information from,so I would really appreciate it if you got back to me.
Thank you

Arnithe said...

If you are willing,here is my email;
delusionally.sane@gmail.com