12 September 2005

Top Secret

Today I began grading my students' English journals. They are allowed to write freely, as long as they write at least one page. Responding to all the entries is a lot of work, but I love reading because it's a great way to get to know my students. They are usually entertaining and today two of them made me laugh out loud.

One from a girl: "I think [insert teacher's name here] is very cute! Please don't tell anyone!" This made me laugh because I think the teacher is cute, too, and I also didn't want anyone to know.


Another from a guy (this one tops the cake): I like to play basketball and spend time with my friends. We talk about a lot of things, including girls. We mainly talk about girls. This is okay because we are healthy males. But don't tell anyone because it's top secret!!

Of course, with 330 students, I will have little trouble concealing their identities. :) I have a feeling they're voicing the majority's opinions...

No comments: