15 October 2005

Dork

Today I received the first book for my Japanese (language) course in the mail, and I was ecstatic. It's ridiculous how excited I was about a textbook. All the time, I think about how nice it is that I'm no longer in school. No homework, no exams...yet I find myself still wanting to do all these school-related things: read, write, post blogs 9 times a week, and study language. As if, deep down, I still want to be in school.

What does this say about my future? I have no idea. Just don't tell anyone, okay?

Today, I tried explaining the terms "dork" and "nerd" to a fellow teacher. I described a smart, antisocial, skinny guy with over-size glasses and a pocket protector.
"Ohhhh," she laughed, "there's one in every class."
"Yeah," I agreed.

The truth is, there are at least two dorks in every class. But only one of them is a skinny guy with a pocket protector.

No comments: