24 October 2005

Japanese "Fun & Games"

On Sunday morning I participated in the "mandatory" seasonal apartment weeding. Mom and Dad, you'd be thrilled! I was bent over hacking on endless weeds for 3 hours. But it wasn't that bad, because I met two new people in my apartment complex, and everyone else I already knew from school. So I was able to chat through the hacking and those 3 hours (from 8 am to 11 am) really felt like 2. I spent the rest of the day lounging around in the sun and staring at the snow atop Mt. Fuji. Funny how Sunday can end up being lazy no matter where you are.

And today, there's a teacher soccer match against another high school. I don't play soccer, but participation is "mandatory" for young, single people. So after I help carry out gallons of hot tea and miso soup, I'll be kicking a ball for the first time in, oh...10 years. Damn I'm old. :) It's pitch black and freezing outside, but I'm excited anyway.

Last time I played soccer I was in braces. Maybe tonight my lips will stay in one piece.

No comments: