21 February 2006

DAN IS COMING TO VISIT!

...and I am SO EXCITED! He gets here tomorrow night and will stay for about 6/7 days. I got a lot of work done early so I'll be taking a few days off. Here's the tentative schedule:

-eat lots of traditional Japanese food, visit neighborhood restaurants, look for Mt. Fuji through the unseasonal rain and haze, etc.
-come to school and learn about the tea ceremony
-visit a temple and sit in zazen (meditation, but if there's another monk with a stick, Dan's on his own and I'll be reading in the next room - fair warning)
-go to Tokyo and see as much as possible
-go to Kamakura and see the big Buddha and the bamboo forests
-go down the peninsula/coastline to Ohito to visit an onsen and another favorite traditional restaurant
-free day....

Whoo hooo!!!!

And right after all this, I return to school for the graduation ceremonies and lots of exam-grading...but no one's thinking that far ahead.

Dan I hope you get here no problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren said...

I know who the first Anonymous comment was from, but the second one - what the hell, don't post stuff like that on my blog. Thanks.