26 August 2005

Character Flaw

I AM BAD AT MAKING DECISIONS. If you call yourself my friend, you have to know that I am one of the most indecisive people I--and probably you--have ever met. Why I'm so indecisive is a mystery, but I justify it by saying that I want to make clear, purposeful choices. And this is only achieved by considering the pros and cons of every angle.

But who knew that situations have 50 angles to analyze, instead of just 2?? It's not "yes" or "no." It's "yes for X but then Y...," or "no because X means Y, so then Z..." The upside of this personality trait is that I'm usually very prepared and have good reasons for my actions. If you ask me "Why?" most likely you will never hear me say, "I dunno, I just felt like it," or "'Cause it's cool, man." If you ask me why, you will get a response longer than you expected, or perhaps wanted.

There are, however, a few things in life I know I want. If I make a decision quickly, you know I mean business, and once that decision is reached I'll probably never change my mind. For instance, I knew the only job I really wanted out of college was to be here, teaching English in Japan. Lucky for me it worked out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish all blogs were as good as this one.
==
how to lose weight effectively blog

Anonymous said...

Furniture not So Funny to Fedex :
Maggie Galehouse The Arizona Republic Aug. 26, 2005 03:58 PM Slideshow: Tour this home Jose Avila's version of home design falls somewhere between avant-garde art and someone-needs-to-loan-this-guy-a-chair. The ...
Hope you are having fun with your blog. I have a learn the forex blog. It pretty much covers all things related to learn the forex. Come and check it out if you get time and if your interested in this sort of thing:-) If not have fun and carry on blogging.