16 August 2005

Just Right

It may come as no surprise that Japan is made for smaller people. It's awesome.
My feet touch the ground in all chairs. My back is comfortable in all chairs. Usually food portions are just right. But I only discovered the truly wonderful epitomy of Japanese smallness last night: 4 oz. aluminum cans. (Actually, they are 135 ml cans, but my guess is that they are roughly 4 oz each.) You can find a variety of beverages this size, including a 6-pack of Coke that is now waiting in my fridge. They look like shots of Coke, not actual servings, but you pop one open and - guess what - it's the PERFECT size for Lauren! The funniest part is that I found BEER in cans this small. Tiny, tiny 6-packs of 4 oz. beers. Once again, the perfect size for Lauren. I had to buy them, because where else in the world is there a real market for 4 oz. beers? I had to contribute and keep the demand rolling.

No comments: