02 August 2005

Two Short Stories

Yesterday I was wandering around the school, very far away from the teachers' room, when I heard a familiar sound: ping-pong! I didn't know the school had a ping-pong club so I was excited about that. There were no girls, only boys, and they were very shy about using English. The 'coach' knew a little English so he pointed at the students and declared, 'Boys!' This made me crack up and then the boys started laughing too, but I'm not sure if we were laughing for the same reasons or not.

I broke out the Japanese flashcards yesterday and my supervisor came over when I got to the card that said, 'zasshi.' Somehow I remembered this was 'magazine,' so I said it out loud. My supervisor said, 'Wow, you have mastered Japanese!'

Oh, boy do I have a long way to go...

No comments: